In order to continue the Transylvania International Airport’s development strategy to increase the air traffic, the management launches the campaign called “From Tîrgu Mureș to all over the world” to expand to a number of national and international destinations from/to Tîrgu Mureș, starting from 2018.
Transylvania International Airport wants to thank you for your commitment along the years, whether you chose the Gateway to Transylvania to fly or you cooperated with us in order to provide better services for our passengers.
Transylvania International Airport situated just 30 minutes from Tirgu-Mures town centre it serves not only Mures County, but also the neighbouring counties Bistrita, Alba, Harghita, Covasna and Brasov. The airport facilitates business trips, vacations and family reunions for ethnic communities in the region. The unique colorization of the multicultural heritage is a magnet for tourists from all over the world.
Transylvania International Airport provides services for an area of 24,500 square kilometers, which has a number of 2.6 million residents.
Its proximity of just a few hundred meters to Transylvania Highway, which is currently under construction and is due in June 2018, is the great advantage for choosing Transylvania International Airport in the future as it will facilitate the fast access to all corners of the country.
OBJECTIVES for 2017-2022
- Building new terminal facilities, public areas and parking places,
- Rehabilitation of the existing runway, acquisition of a Rescue and Fire Fighting Vehicle and setup of a Crisis Management Centre in order to comply with the international classification standards
- Revitalization of the catchment area taking into consideration new market positioning of competing airports
- Development of new ways of promoting the image of Transylvania International Airport in order to attract new Airline Companies, to increase the number of passengers along with launching new routes
- Connectivity and mobility stated to “Door – to door in 4 hours” concept
- Development of rest and entertainment areas (children playground, library, business lounge)
- One of next years’ main project is developing CARGO facilities due the geostrategic position and closeness of European road, highway conjunction Transylvania and Moldova, railway and industrial park.
It is an honor that you chose us in the past and we hope that together we can improve the quality of the services Transylvania International Airport offers in the future. In order to be able to raise up to the challenge of becoming one of the top airports in Romania we need your cooperation. Keeping this in mind please allow us to conduct a survey that will help us get better and raise the bar.